Engineering Notebook – 02/09/2019

Attendance:

Cameron, Drew, Charles

 

Goals:  

  • Get bucket working
  • Fix XRail slipping

Meeting Notes Charles

  • We decided that to stop the XRail slipping we would attach a hub to the large gear so we can get a zip tie around the 2 gears that slip.
  • We took the XRail out of the robot to allow easier work.
  • We attached a hub to the gear using a modified Allen wrench that was shortened using a Dremmel to fit in the c channel.
  • We put a small gear on the other side of the hub to prevent the zip tie from falling off. When we put it where it should go, we realized that the small gear was touching a large gear, which would lock it up.
  • We took the small gear off and replaced it with another hub. A large gear would be in the way of the zip tie falling off.
  • When we tried to get 2 silver minerals with the bucket, they would get stuck. We decided to make a new bucket 5.5 inches tall (2* diameter of sphere) and only 4 inches long. The top would be open for the balls to go out.
  • We drew the net of the new bucket, cut it, and taped it. A piece of plastic was made that held the bucket together and showed where holes had to be made. We put 2 holes in the bucket, but since only every other hole had threads on the servo horn, we had to make 2 more for better alignment. We tested the bucket and it worked well. We will have to program new positions next meeting.

IMG_0299

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s