Alex, Charles, Zach
- Practice driving
- Add end pieces back on XRail
- Program new smart servo
- Fix linear lift slipping
Meeting Notes Charles
We found many loose bolts, especially on gears, that we tightened.
Since our old smart servo was broken, we attached a new one and programmed it. Once it was attached, we put the bucket back on.
The linear lift was slipping, so we tightened the gears in it’s system. This didn’t help it though. When we held the pinion, it didn’t slip. We will put on a new pinion next meeting.
We practiced driving. Two techniques that are helpful are:
Extending XRail partway, then extending and rotating it at the same time to save time and remove the need to dump the bucket.
Strafing and turning at the same time to curve around the lander.
We added a piece of cardboard on the end of the bucket to extend the range of it, but it only folded over and got in the way.
Meeting Notes Alex
- We replaced the broken plastic tabs in the X-rail system
- We replaced the old rev servo motor that was stuck
We reprogrammed the new rev servo
We attached the bucket and wires and tested the robot
- We practiced driving the found the gears were slipping
- We found loose bolts and tightened them.
- The lift mechanism is not lifting the robot and we plan to change the pinion which is slipping at the next meeting